Wind Damage, Here's What You Should Know Before Filing a Claim

Wind Damage, Here’s What You Should Know Before Filing a Claim

Wind damage can wreak havoc on any property in Florida. It’s happened before to many homeowners. If it happens to you too, we recommend filing a wind damage claim to your insurance company. Almost any insurance policy has wind coverage, so you’re due compensation for your losses. ProFloridian Public Adjusters can help you understand how to file a wind damage claim!

Know Your Wind Damage Coverage

Wind damage refers to wind-related damage like missing shingles, cracked tiles, toppled trees, flying furniture, and so on. Florida is widely known for its hurricanes and excessively powerful windstorms. Insurance companies across the state offer wind coverage for all policyholders, though.

Before filing a wind damage claim, you need to ascertain that the incurred damage was caused by wind. For an easier assessment, contact ProFloridian Public Adjusters and we’ll help you with an accurate assessment! Your insurance policy contains details regarding these situations but you may not know how to interpret them.

That’s where we come in, with our expert insurance knowledge!

Covered Perils

When an insurance policy mentions covered perils, it refers to the types of damage it offers compensation for. Your policy could be an All Risk one, in which case it limits your coverage to named perils only. That’s why it’s also called the Open Perils or Named Perils policy. The policy could also have several exclusions that you should know about.

Read the policy to better understand where you stand in terms of potential compensation. Will you receive a full payout for your wind-related property damage or not? Will the insurance policy cover all types of wind damage or specific ones? This should be included in your insurance policy, so give it a good read!


RCV and ACV refer to the two payout concepts that insurance companies can use. If they use RCV (replacement cost value), then the payout will subtract the deductible before it reaches you. The ACV (actual cash value) will subtract both the deductible and the depreciation value before it reaches you.

In this sense, it’s better if the insurance company offers an RCV-type compensation because you end up receiving more money. As your public adjusters, ProFloridian Public Adjusters can negotiate a better deal for you! We guarantee maximum compensation for your incurred losses, so don’t hesitate to contact us.

What About Deductibles?

A deductible is an out-of-pocket expense you incur when paying for the repair costs to your property. Wind damage leads to substantial damage to your property, so you need to contact a repairs company immediately. The insurance company won’t pay the deductible for you and will not reimburse you for it.

Instead, once you’ve paid the deductible, tell your insurance company and bring them the receipt. They’re obliged to compensate you for the rest of the repair costs. If you don’t understand the claim procedure, ProFloridian Public Adjusters can assist you in our full capacity as expert public adjusters.

What Is a Damage Exclusion?

A damage exclusion refers to types of damage that your insurance policy doesn’t cover. When your insurance offers an exclusion for wind damage, that means any wind-related property damage isn’t covered by the insurance company. This is how all insurance companies work. They take off their own profits first.

But you shouldn’t worry about wind damage exclusions. Most reputable insurance companies cover wind damage these days. ProFloridian Public Adjusters can help you increase your compensation by negotiating with your insurance company for you. A skillful interpretation of the situation at hand is necessary if you want maximum compensation for your losses, and we provide exactly that!

What Do I Do in Case of Wind Damage?

When your home gets wrecked by a windstorm, you should take things slowly and methodically. First off, you should document your damage and assess your losses. If you get to repair it, chances are your insurance company will refuse to admit the true magnitude of your incurred losses. They will underpay you if you’re not careful when filing a wind damage claim in Florida.

But assessing property damage isn’t simple nor easy to do. You’d need extensive knowledge to perform an accurate damage assessment. Usually, the insurance company will send their insurance adjuster to do that. But if you hire a public adjusting firm, the assessment will usually be more objective and accurate.

Our wind damage public adjuster can help you obtain maximum compensation for your incurred losses. While you may not understand the claim procedures, we do. We’ve filed many claims for policyholders, so we’re truly experienced in this regard. The insurance company can’t deceive us using complex regulations and exceptions because we understand them!

If you need help with a wind damage claim, call us at (954) 588-7414 or use our online form for more information on how we can help you!

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Call Now Button